APSU Piano Camp
Cancelled for Summer 2020
please join us for Camp 2021
Theme: Theme and Variations
June 22-26, 2020
Spend a week with other piano students and embrace your love for the piano! The Piano Camp is designed for piano students who study privately and would like to connect with and be inspired by fellow piano students. The daily schedule will include master-class type lessons with APSU faculty, small ensemble coaching, musical explorations such as composition and musicianship training, movement/dance sessions, and presentations of various music related topics.
Piano students with at least one year of piano instruction are welcome to register. Students must be able to read both clefs fluently and must be able to play hands together.
New this year!
Enroll in individual lessons with one of our APSU Faculty.
Any student may optionally register for individual lessons with our APSU faculty. Students may have lessons on their current solo repertoire studied and even have an opportunity to perform their solo repertoire during the camp.
- Simone Parker, Camp Director, Adjunct Faculty of Intro to Theory, Piano, Accompanying,
- Dr. Patricia Halbeck, Professor of Piano, Piano Pedagogy, Class Piano
- Dr. Jeffrey Wood, Professor of Composition, Music Theory, Piano
- Lydia Schoonover, Adjunct Faculty of Piano, Accompanying
- Jared Wilson, Adjunct Faculty of Music Theory, Organ and Piano
- APSU Music Students
- Arrival/Welcome Activities and Games
- Warm ups
- Rehearsals and Practice Time/Rhythm and Movement
- Musical Exploration/Composition
- Outside Walk and Constructive Rest
- Ensemble Rehearsal
- Musical Effects/Presentations
The piano camp will conclude on Friday with a performance for parents followed by a reception.
Online Registration is now open for 2020! Click here to register.
Registration Fee (due with application):
- $125 early bird by April 30 ($175 afterwards).
- Students will provide their own sack lunch, light snacks will be available.
- Siblings: $100 early bird by April 30 ($150 afterwards).
- Optional $25.00 (camp discount): One individual lesson with our APSU faculty
Registration deadline: May 31, 2020
Late registrations will be accepted until 2 weeks prior to camp, but there is a likelihood that your child may not receive a camp T-shirt.
After your application materials have been received, you will receive a confirmation email.
By June 1, participants will receive repertoire selections, a welcome package which will include when and where to come, what to bring, a map, a sample schedule, and all other information needed for your participation.
Space is limited and is reserved on a first-come-first-served basis! Please enroll soon to reserve your child’s spot. We are looking forward for your child to be there!
*Refund policy: You may cancel your registration for the APSU String Camp and receive a refund less $25 (non-refundable portion) if the request is made two weeks prior to the beginning of the camp. No money will be refunded for any reason after the two week deadline. Students arriving late for camp or leaving early are not eligible for a discount or refund. The camp registration in non-transferrable to anyone else.
We are looking forward for you to be there!
Simone Parker, Piano Camp Director