Go back

Forms and Information for Current Students

Music Handbook


The handbook is designed as a reference document for music majors and minors and its purpose to to make students aware of standard music program policies and procedures. You should become familiar with it as an entering freshman. We also recommend that you re-read it before each advising appointment, just to make sure you are on track and meeting departmental requirements as you progress through your degree program.

Music Department Forms

  1. Request to perform on Student Recital (Tuesdays at 12:45).
  2. Recital Hearing sheet (all students)
  3. Jury Sheets
  4. Junior level Form
  5. Request an accompanist
  6. Recital Request and Approval Process
  7. Degree Recital (junior, senior or graduate) Program - TemplateEFFECTIVE FALL 2016: Using the above template, students giving degree recitals must complete the program (as it should appear in print) and email it in MS Word docx format to the applied teacher, prior to the Recital Hearing.
  8. Piano proficiency description sheet
  9. Theory Proficiency FormEntering students may be recommended to pass out of one or more theory classes according to the theory placement exam results. To request credit for one or more such theory courses, please use the Theory Proficiency Form.
  10. Advising Checklists 
    These  can be useful tools to track your progresss toward graduation with regard to fulfilling the general education requirements. Checklists are available on the Music Department's Advising Webpage.
  11. CD Request Form
  12. Locker Policy and Procedures

Forms from the Office of the Registrar

  1. How to register through AP OneStop. 
  2. Change of Major or Minor.
  3. Late-Add Form to add courses after the online registration drop/add period. Individual instruction courses (lessons) should not be added after the fourteenth day of the semester.
  4. Overload Request Form The maximum load for undergraduates is 18 hours for the Main Campus Fall or Spring semesters. Due to ensembles and other low credit classes, overloads are not uncommon for music majors. Approval for a registration overload on the Main Campus must be requested by a completed Overload Request Form. Any overload should be carefully discussed and approved by your advisor, who will then sign the form.  If you have not yet been assigned an advisor, the department chair's signature will be sufficient. The form will also need to be signed by the Dean of the College of Arts and Letters.
  5. Drop Request Forms
    1. Form to request to Drop During W-F Period
    2. Form to request to Drop During Mandatory F Period

Other Useful Information

  1. Named Scholarships for Music Majors (After you go to this page, click on "Music" in the subject list). NOTE: Students cannot be considered for these special scholarships unless an online application is made before the deadline. The login for the system can be found here -- just use your OneStop username and password to begin the application process.
  2. Directory of Professional Music Organizations
  3. Summer Music Festivals