Keys Medal of Distinction
Please note that the Keys to the World Showcase and Keys Medal of Distinction Ceremony is canceled for the Spring 2020 semester due to the cancellation of all events on campus. The Learning Opportunities Center would still like to provide our Keys Medal of Distinction recipients with their medals; recipients should email their current address and/or campus mailbox number to email@example.com by April 3rd to receive their medal.
The Keys Medal of Distinction is an award given to graduating APSU undergraduate students who have displayed academic excellence while participating in Keys to the World high impact practices, including service-learning and study abroad. Students who earn this honor will receive a medallion to wear with their commencement regalia.
Students who receive the Keys Medal of Distinction will meet the following eligibility standards:
- At least 6 credit hours in either service-learning or study abroad designated courses
- Cumulative GPA of 3.25
- Undergraduate student who has applied for graduation
- Present at the Keys to the World Showcase (optional)
To apply for the Keys Medal of Distinction, graduating students should thoroughly read the guidelines and complete the application.
Benefits to Students
- Medallion to wear at commencement with regalia
- Recognition in commencement program and pre-ceremony slideshow
- Notation on official transcript
- Recommendation letter with official APSU seal (only for those recipients who present at Keys to the World Showcase)