Govs G.L.O. (Global Learning Opportunities)
Govs G.L.O. (Global Learning Opportunities) is a learning community sponsored by the Keys to the World program that strives to transform students into globally-minded, socially conscious citizens through intentional and strategic high-impact service and travel opportunities. This cohort-based group will meet weekly for group study and mentor sessions, engage in a study abroad experience, and participate in graduate school tours to explore educational experiences beyond a bachelors degree. GLO students will receive a scholarship to apply towards travel costs for a study abroad trip of their choosing. GLO leaders will provide guidance towards selecting a study abroad program that will benefit the student in their personal, professional and educational goals, as well as inform them of additional scholarship opportunities.
Govs GLO is a wonderful opportunity to engage with new students and learn more about diverse perspectives, while also building your own portfolio and preparing for life in a globalized economy. This learning community is open to all APSU students from all majors and backgrounds and provides an opportunity to step out of your comfort zone and challenge yourself.
Benefits to Students
- $1,100 travel scholarship for APSU study abroad course of your choosing
- Resume building experiences
- Career services to help build resume writing and interview skills to highlight high impact experiences
- Graduate school tours to learn about nearby opportunities for further education
- Open to all APSU undergraduate students
- Minimum GPA of 2.5
- Full-time student - must maintain enrollment in at least 12 credit hours to remain in program
- Present on study abroad experience at the Keys to the World Showcases (Fall and/or Spring semesters)
- Write reflection paper on study abroad experience
- Complete pre- and post-surveys for study abroad experience
For more information about Govs G.L.O., please contact Allie Michael, Learning Opportunities Coordinator, at (931) 221-6761 or firstname.lastname@example.org.