Global Learning Travel Grant
The Office of International Education at Austin Peay State University prepares students to be educated about the world, experienced with intercultural communication and equipped with an international skill set necessary to support future community needs in an increasingly international society. The Global Learning Scholarship funds provide greater access to study-abroad and exchange program opportunities by providing the Travel Grant for students participating in APSU-sponsored study-abroad and exchange programs.
Award: The Global Learning Travel Grant awards are based on financial need, the budget, number of expected study-abroad participants and the number of study-abroad and exchange programs expected during the academic year.
- Applicants for Winter 2013-2014 short-term study-abroad programs must apply by Oct. 15, 2013.
- Applicants for Spring 2014 Exchange programs must apply by Oct. 15, 2013.
- Applicants for Spring Break 2014 programs must apply by Dec. 15, 2013.
- Applicants for Summer 2014 short-term study abroad must apply by March 1, 2014.
- Applicants fo Fall 2014 exchange programs must apply by May 1, 2014.
- The scholarship is open to full-time main campus students who have paid the program service fee for either the spring semester or fall semester preceeding the study-abroad or exchange program. Part-time main-campus students who have paid the program service fee are eligible at a pro-rated amount.
- Applicants must have successfully completed at least one semester of full-time studies at APSU, have a record of enrollment and at least a 2.5 G.P.A. on file.
- Applicants must have no history of student code of conduct violations.
- Applicants must not currently be on academic probation or suspension.
- Applicants are only eligible to receive the travel grant up to two times throughout their academic career at APSU.
- Special consideration will be given to students with demonstrated financial need.
- Complete and submit the Study-Abroad Application Form 2013-2014.
- Complete an application for the Global Learning Travel Grant (online). Please send no additional information other than what is asked for on the form.
- Late Applications will not be considered for awards.