Annual Enrollment Transfer Period
During Annual Enrollment, you can enroll in, transfer or cancel coverage for the following benefits in Edison Self Service. All changes will be effective January 1, 2020. For a complete overview, view the Annual Enrollment Newsletter. If you would like to learn more about a particular benefit, select the button below:
During Annual Enrollment, you can enroll in, transfer or cancel coverage for the following benefits via the provider. All changes will be effective January 1, 2020.
- State and higher education health premiums for active employees will stay the same
- Health options and network options are not changing.
- BlueCross Blueshield Network S
- Cigna LocalPlus
- Cigna OAP- The surcharge for Cigna's large OAP statewide network will remain $40/$80
- BlueCross Blueshield Network S
- Copays, coinsurance and deductibles are staying the same for all health plans.
- Voluntary products premiums:
- MetLife DPPO dental plan will remain the same.
- Cigna DHMO (prepaid) dental plan will stay the same.
- Davis Vision plans will stay the same.
- MetLife disability plans will stay the same.
- Basic term life, basic accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) and voluntary AD&D insurance will remain the same.
- Acupuncture will be an added benefit. It will be the same as the chiropractic benefit. Find plan comparison charts on the Health page.
- Costs are waived for members who use certain preferred substance use treatment facilities. PPO members who use these high-quality facilities won’t pay a deductible or coinsurance
for facility-based substance use treatment; CDHP/HSA members’ coinsurance is waived
after they meet their deductible. Copays for PPO members and deductible/coinsurance
for CDHP/HSA members will still apply for standard outpatient treatment services.
- Find preferred substance use Optum providers at HERE4TN.com or by calling 855-HERE4TN.
- The Office of Human Resources offers sessions regarding the Annual Enrollment Transfer Period. Click here to register to attend one of the upcoming sessions regarding the Annual Enrollment Period.
- The state of Tennessee offers videos to help navigate Edison, as well as explain the benefits offered to employees. Click here to view the videos.
- You can also attend a webinar to learn more about the benefits offered to employees:
- Monday, September 23, 10-11 a.m.
- Thursday, September 26, 9-10 a.m.
- Monday, September 30, 1-2 p.m.
- Thursday, October 3, 2-3 p.m.
- Monday, October 7, 10-11 a.m.
Click here for instructions on how to join.
You will use Employee Self Service (ESS) in Edison to add/make changes to benefits. When using Edison ESS, Internet Explorer 11 is the preferred browser. Enrolling on your smart phone or mobile device is now possible. This is the first year using smart phones and mobile devices for enrollment; improvements will be made based on user experience.
We need documents to prove their relationship to you. A list of required documents is found on the Enrollment Materials page.
- You can upload your documents in Edison or fax to 615.741.8196.
- The dependent documents deadline is the same as the Annual Enrollment deadline.
- Employees new to coverage and employees who change or transfer plans will receive new ID cards. Current members who don’t make plan changes will use their same ID cards.
- Because there are no changes to dental and vision coverage, current members who continue their coverage can use the same ID cards.
- New! Optum will mail behavioral health ID cards to all members.
- CDHP/HSA, medical FSA and limited purpose FSA (L-FSA) members who continue coverage will use the same debit card. If you are a new CDHP/HSA, medical FSA or limited purpose FSA enrollee, you will receive a new debit card from PayFlex.
- Members can always request additional cards by contacting their carrier network or vendor(s) or by using a vendor's mobile app.