Fine Arts Living & Learning Community
The Fine Arts Living & Learning Community is a coordinated partnership between College of Arts and Letters, Student Success, and Housing and Residential Life. The Fine Arts community provides students with an educational and social community for future professionals in the areas of Music, Art + Design, Theatre and Dance. It is housed in Castle Heights. Spaces for this LLC are limited.
In addition to being a part of the on-campus community, Fine Arts residents also benefit from unique and innovative opportunities including:
- Live and take classes as a cohort, often in the residency hall where they live. This creates a smaller community within the larger APSU campus.
- Attend exclusive workshops, seminars and social events with Fine Arts faculty and upper-classmen.
- Provided an upper-classmen peer mentor also majoring in a Fine Arts area to support in the transition to the university and Fine Arts programs.
- Interact with Music, Art + Design, and Theatre faculty, staff, students, and alumni.
- Explore different career opportunities within each discipline; and, become comfortable in the diverse professional arts field and vested in a successful career in the Fine and Performing Arts.
- Think critically, creatively, and independently.
- Attend optional performances, artists talks, and master classes.
To participate in the APSU Fine Arts Living-Learning Community, students must:
- Must be a first-year student or an undergraduate international exchange student with an interest or major in Fine Arts to include: Music, Theatre, Dance, and Art. Concentrations could include Animation, Graphic Design, Studio Art, Art Education, Acting and Directing, Theatre Production, Musical Theatre, Dance, Music Performance, Choral Conducting, Instrumental, or Music Education.
- Enroll in cohort-specific classes for the fall and spring semesters as appropriate to their degree plan.
- Willing to participate in the Learning Community Activities throughout the year.
For more information about this LLC please contact Marcus Hayes, Associate Professor, email@example.com
Please email Housing/Residence Life & Dining Services to express interest.EMAIL HOUSING