The Department of Communication Living & Learning Community is a coordinated partnership between the Department of Communication and APSU’s Housing and Residential Life. The COMM LLC provides students with an educational and social community for future professionals in the areas of journalism, broadcast media, public relations, sports communication and corporate communication. This Living and Learning Community will be housed in Castle Heights.
In addition to being a part of the on-campus community, Communication LLC residents also benefit from unique and innovative opportunities. COMM LLC residents:
- Live and take classes as a cohort, often in the residency hall where they live. This creates a smaller community within the larger APSU campus
- Have priority scheduling for some communication classes that are cohort-specific.
- Attend exclusive workshops, seminars and social events with Communication faculty and upper-classmen.
- Interact with Department of Communication faculty, staff and alumni.
- Explore different career opportunities within each concentration; and, become comfortable in the diverse professional communication fields and vested in a successful communication career.
- Think critically, creatively, and independently.
- Attend optional tutoring sessions for Communication-specific courses and other core cohort classes.
To participate in the APSU Department of Communication Living & Learning Community:
- Must be a first-year student or an undergraduate international exchange student with a designated interest in Communication Arts and a concentration in journalism, broadcast media, public relations, sports communication or corporate communication.
- Enroll in cohort-specific classes for the fall and spring semesters as appropriate to their degree plan.
For more information about this LLC please contact Mike Dunn, Professor, firstname.lastname@example.org or Amy Ritchart, Professor, email@example.com
Email Housing/Residence Life & Dining Services to express interest.EMAIL HOUSING