News & Events
- This Month in Latin American History: December 25, 1492: "An accident leads to the first Spanish settlement in the New World"
- "Phi Alpha Theta wins ninth Best Chapter Award": Read more.
- This Month in Latin American History: November 4, 1975, Operation Carlota begins in Angola
- This Month in Latin American History: October 10, 1868, The Grito de Yara Marks the Beginning of Cuba’s War for Independence
- "APSU associate professor, service-learning students assist on project to honor area
veterans." Read more.
- Austin Peay State University’s Phi Alpha Theta wins eighth Best Chapter Award.
- Austin Peay History Faculty Wins Award for Book: Thomas Wells, University of Tennessee
Press presenting the Basil W. Duke Award for Nannie Haskins Williams: A Southern Woman's Story of Rebellion and Reconstruction,
1863-1890 to Minoa D. Uffelman. The Duke Award is given biennially for the best edited Civil War diary published in
the two year period. Co-editors Eleanor Williams, Ellen Kanervo and Phyllis Smith
were not present for the photo.