About the Concentration
The concentration in Public Health Education is seeking THEC approval for a new Master of Public Health (MPH) program. If approved, the program will transition from 30 to 42 credit-hours starting fall 2022. The program will remain fully online.
This concentration will focus on developing the skills and competencies necessary to improve community health and promote wellness. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, individuals in this area will “teach people about behaviors that promote wellness, and develop and implement strategies to improve the health of individuals and communities.” Students entering this field can expect to work in healthcare facilities, colleges, public health departments, nonprofits, or private businesses.
The degree has a promising future. The Bureau of Labor Statistics also states that the job outlook for health educators is going to grow 13% from 2014 to 2024, which is a much faster than average growth.
Why you should start our program:
- Convenience: Our program is completely online allowing students to take class from anywhere.
- Diverse: Each cohort is very diverse. Students entering our program come from all backgrounds and experiences.
- Location: Clarksville, TN is located 40 miles north of Nashville, where there are multiple public health and health education workplace opportunities, including corporate health coaching services, state and city health departments, hospitals and health care agencies, health policy analytic and development agencies, public and private researching or grant writing entities, voluntary or nonprofit agencies, and more. There are opportunities in Clarksville and surrounding communities as well, including hospitals, health departments, nursing homes, and voluntary or nonprofit agencies.
- One Year Program: Students typically start the program in the Fall semester and are able to complete their master’s degree in three semesters (Fall, Spring, and Summer).
- Ease of Admission: If your undergraduate GPA is above a 3.5 we may waive the GRE after a complete review of transcripts.
- Low Cost: Our tuition is very competitive. Please see tuition and fees posted through the office of the Bursar. we offer a special
- Certification: Students in our program will be eligible to sit for the Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) exam, a voluntary individual certification offered by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc., after a review of academic transcript(s).