Executive Project Management Certificate
The Department of Leadership and Organizational Administration offers the Executive Certificate in Project Management. The Executive Certificate is offered in a hybrid format where most coursework is completed online enhanced by weekend courses taught in the Executive Education Building. The program admits for all terms on the Clarksville and Ft. Campbell campuses providing executive style education to professionals looking to develop their project management skills.
This executive program is designed for professionals who have already earned a Bachelor's degree and would like to earn an executive graduate credential while building skills in project management. The nine-hour graduate executive certificate can be earned in as little as two eight-week terms.
Why complete an Executive Certificate in Project Management (PMP)?
Students in the Project Management Executive Certificate will:
- learn from highly qualified faculty with proven track records in project management and the classroom.
- prepare and apply for the PMI PMP®/CAPM® Exam (Project Management Institute's Project Management Professional/Certified Associate in Project Management exam.)
- effectively apply information from the PMBOK® Guide to simulated projects.
- utilize proven project, administrative, and leadership methodologies from a variety of industries.
- earn transferable credit into APSU’s Master of Science in Leadership program.
- expand networking options for career advancement.
Students will complete this 9-hour executive program by taking three online courses, including one core course in project management and two elective courses, outlined below:
LDSP 5420: Executive Applied Project Management (Hybrid)
LDSP 5060: Communication Skills for Organizational Administration
LDSP 5105: Project Planning and Scheduling
LDSP 5110: Organizational Innovation
LDSP 5200: Organizational Culture, Politics, and Change
LDSP 5300: Survey of Best Practices in Leadership
LDSP 5560: Small Group Leadership
LDSP 5700: Conflict Management and Negotiation
Completion of this Executive Certificate will allow students to transition directly into the Master of Science in Leadership, if desired. The Executive Certificate classes will count as three of the ten courses required for the Master of Science in Leadership degree.
Students applying to the Project Management Executive Certificate program should meet the following admission requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree, conferred in any field, from a regionally accredited institution
- Minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.5
- Choose ONE of the following:
- Admissions Portfolio - Applicants may submit a portfolio in lieu of the GRE. The portfolio must include a current resume, a personal essay detailing the student's personal/professional goals as they relate to completing the MPS program, and two letters of professional and/or academic reference. Applicants must upload or submit the portfolio to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- Minimum GRE revised General Test scores of: Verbal - 140, Quantitative - 140, and Analytical Writing - 2.5
- Documents Required for Admission:
- Application for admission
- Application Fee: $45 domestic or $55 international
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended
- Official GRE scores (or) Admissions Portfolio [in lieu of GRE scores]
- Admission decision by department