Strategic Plan Steering Team
- President Alisa White
- Derek van der Merwe, Vice President of Advancement, Communication, and Strategic Initiatives
- Rex Gandy, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Sheryl Byrd, Vice President of Student Affairs
- Mitch Robinson, Vice President of Finance and Administration
- Kathrine Bailey, Strategic Initiatives
- Jaime Taylor, Dean of the College of Science and Mathematics
- Andy Kean, Director of Facilities
- David Davenport, Director University Recreation and Chief Diversity Officer
- Marsha Lyle-Gonga, Chair, Political Science
- David Denton, Dean College of Behavioral and Health Sciences
- Lynne Crosby, Assistant Provost/Assistant Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Greg Singleton, Associate Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students
Members of the Strategic Plan Steering Team have been selected based upon characteristics that uphold or serve the strategic planning process:
- Engaged with the university and serve as a conscientious critic
- Respected member of the university community
- Commitment to short and long-term success of the strategic planning process
- Ability to commit time and guidance to the process
- Understands the history and structure of the university
- Strategically minded problem solvers
- Creative and innovative
- Support diversity
The Strategic Plan Steering Team provides direction and counsel under the leadership and oversight of the Vice President for Advancement, Communication and Strategic Initiatives and the Office of Strategic Initiatives through out the development and implementation of the strategic plan.
The Strategic Plan Steering Team will listen to input from a wide range of university stakeholders and analyze and synthesize feedback and data to shape the larger Goals and Objectives for the university as set by the president and the leadership team of Austin Peay State University. A Strategic Plan Assessment Steering Team will be established to create a plan for metrics and assessment of success related to the university strategic plan once the Goals and Objectives for the university are developed.
The appointed group will work towards refining the Goals of the university leadership team to create a plan that is accessible, innovative and a driving force for successful planning and implementation activities throughout Austin Peay State University.
The team will meet bi-weekly throughout the year to create and monitor the progress of the plan creation and implementation for the university. A Strategic Plan Communication Team will work in tandem with the Strategic Plan Steering Team to communicate the strategic plan throughout the university as well as integrate strategic planning as a valued process of continuous improvement for success and goal attainment that will support the aspiration of Excellence at Austin Peay State University.