Master of Arts in Teaching
Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.)
If you desire a career in education – and have a bachelor's degree – our Master of Arts in Teaching will allow you to
- Prepare to teach elementary, secondary or special education students.
- Complete initial teacher licensure requirements and earn your master's degree in as few as 15 months.
- Complete coursework that includes field experience in public schools.
- Learn through face-to-face evening classes and online instruction.
We offer the following specializations:
- PreK-3 education - Prepare to teach grades Pre-K - 3.
- Elementary education – Prepare to teach grades K-6.
- Middle Grades education - Prepare to teach grades 4-8.
- Secondary education – Prepare to teach art, health and human performance, biology, chemistry, math, English, Spanish, French, German, Latin, history or political science.
- Special education – Earn a special education endorsement that will allow you to teach special education for grades K-12.
You are eligible for admission to the M.A.T. program if you
- have earned a bachelor's degree,
- do not have a professional teaching license,
- attained an undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or greater
- meet official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score requirements (minimum 142 verbal and 139 quantitative) or earn a score of at least 383 on the Miller Analogies Test.
Ready to pursue a career in teaching? Contact us at 931-221-7696.