This page documents the transformation of a traditional classroom in a 40+ year-old building into a state-of-the-art, collaborative technology classroom. In addition to total integration of 21st century technology, this eco-friendly classroom features direct demonstrable sustainability benefits, energy efficiency and utility conservation, and sustainable design.
A short video of EDUC 3040 students using the Mondopads in the Ready2Teach classroom.
Designed by architects and designers from around the world, norament satura combines the proven performance of norament® grano with an extended palette that connects with product lines such as noraplan environcare™ and noraplan® sentica. This ideal balance of saturated accents and timeless, muted neutrals works perfectly with a variety of other materials.
• Excellent wear abrasion
• Quiet and comfortable underfoot
• Withstands forklift/heavy wheeled traffic up to 850 PSI rolling load
• Slip resistant in compliance with OSHA requirements
• GREENGUARD Certified for Low VOC Emissions
• GREENGUARD Gold Certified for Low VOC Emissions (formerly GREENGUARD Children & Schools)
Ceilume's Sustainable Ceiling Tiles are created from no less than 40% post-consumer recycled packaging waste. Fully returnable at the end of their use for rebirth as new ceiling tiles, Ceilume Sustainable sets a new standard for environmental responsibility and resource stewardship in the ceiling tile industry.
- Made from Ceilume-P40-Plus 60% recycled material (40% post-consumer / 20% pre-consumer)
- Class A Fire Rated and UV inhibited
- GREENGUARD Environmental Institute certified for Indoor Air Quality and Children & Schools
- High light reflectance for improved indoor lighting efficiency
- Uses 80% less material to manufacture and is five times more efficient to ship than conventional ceiling tiles
- End-of-use return program creates a true closed-loop lifecycle: once a ceiling tile, always a ceiling tile!
Lithonia Lighting is committed to providing sustainable lighting solutions that are enabled and enhanced by LED lighting and other advanced technologies, including lighting controls.
The natural warmth of Bali Wood blinds instantly transform any room into an inviting sanctuary.
- Northern Heights paints and stains are crafted from 100% North American hardwoods
- Seamlessly blend with your existing wood finishes - flooring, cabinets, furniture, etc.
- Wide selection of colors, stains and textures
- Available in 1", 2", 2 3/8" slats and 2 1/2" Shutter Style slats
Node: seating for the active learning classroom.
The Node chair is mobile and flexible. It's designed for quick, easy transitions from one teaching mode to the next. With Node, a classroom can transition from lecture mode to team mode and back again, without interruption.
Benefits & features
- Casters lend mobility for quick, easy transitions between teaching modes
- Swivel seat keeps open sightlines between student and instructor, whiteboard, and other students
- Personal worksurface swivels in tandem with seat and is adjustable for users of all sizes. It accommodates left- and right-handed students and is large enough to support students' digital and analog resources.
- Tripod base keeps backpacks and valuable personal belongings out of the aisle
- Five-star base provides seat-height adjustability
- Optional cupholder and tablet stand free up worksurface area for books and other technology
- Flexible seat, without pneumatic adjustments to worry about, keeps students comfortable in a variety of postures
- Open seat design offers easy access, while arms serve as backpack hooks
- Comfort without upholstery means easy maintenance
- Steelcase warranty with elevated durability testing makes node an easy choice
- Choose between tripod with storage or five-star with seat-height adjustability, both available with worksurface. Five-star base is also available in stool height.
- Available with or without worksurface
- Seat shell is available in 21 color options
- Base is available in 3 color options
- Worksurface is available in 5 colors
- Optional cupholder and tablet stand available
- Base options include hard casters, soft casters and glides
Giant Touch Tablet
Present, annotate and collaborate on a giant tablet with meeting participants in the room and around the world. An InFocus Mondopad puts everything you need to visually present, capture and share ideas at your fingertips – all beautifully integrated into a single device.
- Multi-touch high definition 55-inch or 70-inch display
- Flexible and expandable with built-in Windows PC
- Digital interactive whiteboard and document annotation
- Business-class video conferencing
- Share, view and control from your notebook, tablet or smartphone