SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP®) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP®)
HR professionals who implement policies and strategies, serve as point of contact for staff and stakeholders, deliver HR services and perform operational HR functions should take the SHRM-CP exam. HR professionals who develop strategies, lead the HR function, foster influence in the community, analyze performance metrics and align HR strategies to organizational goals should take the SHRM-SCP exam.
Austin Peay State University is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for 36 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
LIVE CLASSROOM FORMAT
CEUs: 3.6 SHRM Professional Development Credits: 36
Note: Fee includes the SHRM Learning System®
For information contact:
Registrations now being accepted
This course is for HR professionals who implement policies and strategies, serve as point of contact for staff and stakeholders and deliver HR services and perform operational HR functions. Prerequisite: SHRM-CP ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS Less than a Bachelor's Degree* HR-Related Program 3 years in HR role Non-HR Program 4 years in HR role Bachelor's Degree HR-Related Degree 1 year in HR role Non-HR Degree 2 years in HR role Graduate Degree HR-Related Degree Currently in HR Role Non-HR Degree1 year in HR role SHRM-SCP Eligibility Requirements Less than a Bachelor's Degree* HR-Related Program 6 years in HR role Non-HR Program 7 years in HR role Bachelor's Degree HR-Related Degree 4 years in HR role Non-HR Degree 5 years in HR role Graduate Degree HR-Related Degree 3 years in HR role Non-HR Degree 4 years in HR role
Approved loan source for SHRM Certification
The Smart Option Student Loan® allows you to choose the repayment option that best suits your borrowing needs and offers options that help you save money and pay off your loans faster, or give your flexibility to defer payments. Use this calculator to estimate your monthly payments and total cost for a Smart Option Student Loan®.
- PHR, SHRM-CP, Austin Peay State University Instructor, President Clarksville SHRM
- Vice President Human Resources, recruiting and staffing; organizational planning; performance management and improvement systems; organization development; employment and compliance to regulatory concerns; employee orientation, development, and training; policy development and documentation; employee relations; company employee and community communication; compensation and benefits administration; employee safety, and welfare.
- SPHR, SHRM-SCP, Austin Peay State University Instructor, Past President Clarksville SHRM
- Human Resources Director, HR Professional leading and supporting business partners within industries ranging from 200 legal and administrative employees to 1400 professional and production employees, while fostering strong professional and community relationships. Senior Professional of Human Resources (SPHR), SHRM-SCP, & Six Sigma Green Belt Certified.
Who Should Enroll?
- HR and benefit professionals currently practicing in the field
- Recruiting and training professionals
- Employees with management responsibilities
- Individuals seeking a career in human resources
- HR professionals planning to take the prestigious SHRM-CP exam
Certification is a great choice for HR professionals to:
- Increase knowledge
- Advance skills
- Earn recognition from the global community
The SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP includes five modules covering the comprehensive SHRM BoCK so you'll learn everything you need for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP exam.
- Leadership & Navigation
- Ethical Practice
- Business Acumen
- Relationship Management
- Critical Evaluation
- Global & Cultural Effectiveness
- Talent Acquisition & Retention
- Employee Engagement
- Learning & Development
- Total Rewards
- Structure of the HR Function
- Organizational Effectiveness & Development
- Workforce Management
- Employee Relations
- Technology & Data
- HR in the Global Context
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Risk Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Employment Law & Regulations (U.S. only)
- Business & HR Strategy
Visit our Eligibility Criteria page for information on eligibility requirements.
Exam Format and Length
- Computer-based experience
- 4 hours to complete
- 160 questions (90 knowledge/40 situational judgment/30 field test items) *
*Exam fee is not included in fee. It is a separate registration for the exam through SHRM. Exam applications will be accepted starting on Monday, May 16, 2016.