SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP®) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP®)
HR professionals who implement policies and strategies, serve as point of contact for staff and stakeholders, deliver HR services and perform operational HR functions should take the SHRM-CP exam. HR professionals who develop strategies, lead the HR function, foster influence in the community, analyze performance metrics and align HR strategies to organizational goals should take the SHRM-SCP exam.
Dates: 9/13/2018 - 12/6/2018
Times: 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Building: McReynolds Building
LIVE CLASSROOM FORMAT
CEUs: 3.6 SHRM Professional Development Credits: 36
Note: Fee includes the SHRM Learning System®
For information contact:
Austin Peay State University is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for 36 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
Human Resources CP/SCP Certification
This course is for HR professionals who implement policies and strategies, serve as point of contact for staff and stakeholders and deliver HR services and perform operational HR functions.
Approved loan source for SHRM Certification
The Smart Option Student Loan® allows you to choose the repayment option that best suits your borrowing needs and offers options that help you save money and pay off your loans faster, or give your flexibility to defer payments. Use this calculator to estimate your monthly payments and total cost for a Smart Option Student Loan®.
- PHR, SHRM-CP, Austin Peay State University Instructor, President Clarksville SHRM
- Vice President Human Resources, recruiting and staffing; organizational planning; performance management and improvement systems; organization development; employment and compliance to regulatory concerns; employee orientation, development, and training; policy development and documentation; employee relations; company employee and community communication; compensation and benefits administration; employee safety, and welfare.
- Human Resources Executive
- APSU Human Resources Instructor
- Tennessee Valley Public Power Association (TVPPA) Facilitator
- Engaging the HR community through SHRM Leadership
- HR Professional with experience in strategically supporting business partners ranging in industries from within the legal field to manufacturing to public utilities; while fostering strong professional and community relationships
- SPHR, SHRM-SCP, Six Sigma Green Belt Certified & Certified Power Executive
Who Should Enroll?
- HR and benefit professionals currently practicing in the field
- Recruiting and training professionals
- Employees with management responsibilities
- Individuals seeking a career in human resources
- HR professionals planning to take the prestigious SHRM-CP exam
Certification is a great choice for HR professionals to:
- Increase knowledge
- Advance skills
- Earn recognition from the global community
The SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP includes five modules covering the comprehensive SHRM BoCK so you'll learn everything you need for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP exam.
- Leadership & Navigation
- Ethical Practice
- Business Acumen
- Relationship Management
- Critical Evaluation
- Global & Cultural Effectiveness
- Talent Acquisition & Retention
- Employee Engagement
- Learning & Development
- Total Rewards
- Structure of the HR Function
- Organizational Effectiveness & Development
- Workforce Management
- Employee Relations
- Technology & Data
- HR in the Global Context
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Risk Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Employment Law & Regulations (U.S. only)
- Business & HR Strategy
Visit our Eligibility Criteria page for information on eligibility requirements.
Exam Format and Length
- Computer-based experience
- 4 hours to complete
- 160 questions (90 knowledge/40 situational judgment/30 field test items) *
Upcoming Exam Schedule:
Winter Window: Dec. 1, 2018 - Feb. 15, 2019
Application Deadline: Oct. 19
Late Application Deadline: Nov. 9
Please note: The exam application deadlines close at 11:59 P.M. ET.
SHRM-CP & SHRM-SCP Exam Fees
SHRM member: $300 USD
Nonmember: $400 USD
(includes $50 USD nonrefundable application processing fee)