The CECA Advisory Board
The organization once known as the Acuff Circle of Excellence has rebranded and refined its mission to better align with the organization with which it supports—APSU’s Center of Excellence for the Creative Arts (CECA, or "seek-ah"). In the Fall of 2017, the Acuff Circle of Excellence became the CECA Advisory Board.
With the name change, members of the CECA Advisory Board worked to refine the mission of the Board to align with its new focus. The new mission of the CECA Advisory Board is to support CECA by:
- Advocating for CECA in the Clarksville-Montgomery County region by raising awareness for quality arts programming.
- Promoting CECA events and programs.
- Developing new audience members through participating in CECA-sponsored social interactions.
- Participating in and endorsing the CECA Membership Society.
- Supporting and connecting with students and faculty during CECA events
The CECA Advisory Board's signature event is the annual Ovation Awards, which honors individuals, businesses, and community organizations that have made significant contributions
to Clarksville's artistic and cultural life. The 2018 Ovation Awards will be held
on Sunday, April 8th, 2018 at 2:00 PM in the George and Sharon Mabry Concert Hall
on APSU's campus.
2017-2018 CECA Advisory Board
Michelle Dickerson, President
Jim Mann, Vice President
Anthony Johnson, Secretary/Treasurer
Janice Crews (ex officio)
Pastor Gary Ellis
Vonda St. Amant (ex officio)
Jerica Swiger (ex officio)
Dixie Webb (ex officio)
Membership to the CECA Advisory Board is made by invitation.