Art + Design
In partnership with the Department of Art + Design, the Center of Excellence for the Creative Arts offers:
- The CECA Visiting Artist Speaker Series, which features lectures and exhibitions from a wide variety of accomplished regional, national, and international professional artists.
- Up to six professional exhibitions in the New Gallery each year.
The Art and Design faculty are practicing artists who have earned national and international recognition for their work. Additionally, students learn from experts and visionaries teaching on an adjunct basis, as well as visiting artists, designers, and craftsmen who work with students in classroom and workshop settings.
APSU offers constant exposure to unique, contemporary, and traditional art exhibitions.
- The New Gallery opened in the Fall of 2017 as part of the newly constructed Art + Design building. This gallery features exhibitions of contemporary art by artists from around the world.
- The Barbara Beech Student Gallery is located in the new Art + Design building and features rotating student exhibits.
- The Living Gallery is a dedicated space for student creative research in the heart of the new Art + Design
- The Jenkins Gallery, located on the second floor of the Morgan University Center, showcases the Ned and Jacqueline Crouch Folk Art Collection.
- The University Art Collection includes more than 3,000 pieces. Selections from the collection can be found in various ‘mini-galleries’ throughout several academic buildings on campus, with a large portion of those pieces being displayed in the new Art + Design building (map coming soon).