Questions to Consider
The following are some questions to think about before going into the
- What specific goals, other than those related to your
occupation, have you established for yourself for the next ten years?
- What do you see yourself doing five years from now?
- What do you really want to do in life?
- What are your long range career objectives?
- Which is more important to you, the money or type of
- How would you describe yourself?
- How has your college experience prepared you for a
business (or whatever), career?
- Why should I hire you?
- What Qualifications do you have that make you think that
you will be successful in business?
- In what ways do you think you can make a contribution to
- What two or three accomplishments have given you the most
- Describe your most rewarding college experience.
- If you were hiring a graduate for this position, what
qualities would you look for?
- What college subjects did you like best? Why?
- What college subjects do you like least? Why?
- Do you have plans for continued study? An advanced
- Do you think that your grades are a good indication of
your academic achievement?
- What have you learned from participation in
- In what kind of environment are you most comfortable?
- Why did you decide to seek a position with this company?
- What do you know about our company?
- What two or three things are most important to you in
- What criteria are you using to evaluate the company for
which you hope to work?
- Do you have a geographical preference? Why?
- How much are you willing to travel? How many days per
month can you be away from home?
- Can you give an example of where you had to influence
someone to take action?
- Why do you think you might like to live in the community
in which our company is located?
- What major problem have you encountered and how did you
deal with it?
- What are your weaknesses and strengths?
- Tell me about yourself.
- How well do you work under pressure? Give and example.
- Why did you decide to attend Austin Peay State
- What do you think determines and individual's success in
a work situation?
- How do you determine success?
- Do you prefer working alone or with others? Why?
- What do you expect from an employer?
- What kind of work environment do you prefer?
- Describe the relationship that should exist between a
supervisor and subordinates?
- Do you consider yourself a leader or follower? Why?
- What is your philosophy of management?
- Why didn't you do better in college?
- If you could start again what would you do differently?
- What new goals or objectives have you established
- How have you changed the nature of your job?
- How would you describe the essence of success?
- Are you creative? Give an example.
- Are you analytical? Give an example.
- Are you a good manager? Give an example.
- Have you helped reduce cost? How?
- Have you fired people before?
- Have you hired people before? What do you look for?
- Have you ever been fired?
- Why do you feel you have top management potential?