Located in the Margaret Fort Trahern Art and Drama complex, the Trahern Gallery opened in 1974. Since that time it has featured a wide variety of regional, national and international exhibitions. The active, exhibit calendar changes on a regular basis and provides students and the community the opportunity to view quality, original artforms, first-hand. Gallery hours: 9:00 am – 4 pm, Monday through Friday.
March 30 - April 17, 2015
47th ANNUAL STUDENT JURIED EXHIBITION
Austin Peay State University’s Department of Art is proud to host its annual juried student exhibition in the Trahern Gallery from March 30 through April 17, 2015. As the tradition of showcasing the artistic talents of the Austin Peay students enters its 47th year, this exhibition rounds out what has been an exciting 2014-2015 gallery season.
This year’s juror, Christopher Taylor, form the University of Alabama Huntsville, had his work cut out for him as there were 221 entries in this year’s exhibition.. “The body of work selected for this year’s show attempts to represent this experience and uniquely represents the student-artists at Austin Peay State University who have pushed their concepts throughout all levels,” states Mr. Taylor as he selected 46 pieces from 34 different students. “It was a real pleasure to experience this quality student artwork...work that represents a positive trajectory toward an exciting future for these students and the institution.”
An opening reception will be held on Thursday, April 2 from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. Exhibition awards will be announced and scholarship recipients will be recognized beginning at 5:30 p.m.
April 27 - May 1
Senior Design Show
The purpose of the Trahern Gallery is to promote the mission and vision of Austin Peay State University by hosting engaging and thought-provoking exhibitions of artworks:
- That provide important learning opportunities for students
- That serve to energize and maintain a high level of student engagement.
- That support the University’s commitment to collaboration, critical inquiry and cultural diversity
- That are meaningful to the University’s location, identity and mission
- That feature important artists whose work embodies the highest standards of excellence
- That celebrate community by also featuring works created by students, alumni, faculty and supporters
- That highlight the diverse disciplines practiced and taught at the University
- That promote an understanding of the arts
Stay informed of upcoming events by to join our mailing list