Located in the Margaret Fort Trahern Art and Drama complex, the Trahern Gallery opened in 1974. Since that time it has featured a wide variety of regional, national and international exhibitions. The active, exhibit calendar changes on a regular basis and provides students and the community the opportunity to view quality, original artforms, first-hand. Gallery hours: 9:00 am – 4 pm, Monday through Friday.
Stay informed of upcoming events by to join our mailing list
CLOSED UNTIL FALL 2017 DUE TO CONSTRUCTION OF NEW ART+DESIGN FACILITIY
We will host several visiting artists throughout the 2016-2017 season, but will be using the campus as a gallery - please join the mailing list above to stay informed of upcoming events.
The purpose of the Trahern Gallery is to promote the mission and vision of Austin Peay State University by hosting engaging and thought-provoking exhibitions of artworks:
- That provide important learning opportunities for students
- That serve to energize and maintain a high level of student engagement.
- That support the University’s commitment to collaboration, critical inquiry and cultural diversity
- That are meaningful to the University’s location, identity and mission
- That feature important artists whose work embodies the highest standards of excellence
- That celebrate community by also featuring works created by students, alumni, faculty and supporters
- That highlight the diverse disciplines practiced and taught at the University
- That promote an understanding of the arts
Michael Dickins - email@example.com, 931-221-6519