APSU Grad Finale set for Summer 2010 graduatesStudents scheduled to graduate in August from Austin Peay State University will have an opportunity next month to participate in Grad Finale, an event designed to make sure all preparations have been made for summer commencement.
Grad Finale will be from 11 a.m.â€“3 p.m., Thursday, July 1 in the Morgan University Center Ballroom.
The following offices will provide information at Grad Finale: Students scheduled to graduate in August from Austin Peay State University will have an opportunity next month to participate in Grad Finale, an event designed to make sure all preparations have been made for summer commencement.
Grad Finale will be from 11 a.m.—3 p.m., Thursday, July 1 in the Morgan University Center Ballroom.
The following offices will provide information at Grad Finale:
• The Office of the Registrar will answer questions regarding completion of degree requirements, honors, diplomas and transcripts. A student's eligibility for graduation also will be checked.
• The Business Office will be able to answer questions related to account balances. Graduation fees will need to be paid in the Business Office in the Browning Administration Building prior to Grad Finale: $25, associate; $30, bachelor's; and $35, master's.
• Senior Exit Exam is mandatory for any student receiving his/her first bachelor's degree; registration will be offered.
• The University Bookstore will display items such as diploma frames. Students will be able to pick up caps and gowns when they present their graduation fee receipt from the Business Office.
• The Office of Student Financial Aid will answer questions about financial matters such as student loan repayments.
• The College of Graduate Studies will assist students receiving graduate degrees. Information about APSU's graduate programs and how to enroll also will be available for undergraduates.
• Career Services Office will answer questions about job search assistance, transitioning from academics into the work force, résumé writing aid and mock interview opportunities.
• The National Alumni Association and the Alumni Ambassadors will welcome students as APSU alumni.
• The Office of Enrollment Management and Academic Support will answer questions about commencement, scheduled for 2 p.m., Friday, Aug. 13 in the Dunn Center.
• The offices of Student Affairs and Student Life and Leadership will be handing out graduation gift bags at Grad Finale instead of at the commencement ceremony.
• Student Publications will be preselling the 2009—10 APSU yearbook.
• The APSU Department of Communication will take orders for commencement ceremony DVDs.
• Jostens will have graduation items for purchase including announcements and invitations. Students may place orders for class rings.
In addition, door prizes will be given away, and refreshments will be provided.
For more information about Grad Finale, call the Office of Enrollment Management and Academic Support at (931) 221-6540. -- Melony Shemberger