Young Alumni Council Nomination Form
The Austin Peay State University National Alumni Association is accepting nominations to elect new officers to its Young Alumni Council for 2014-18. Nominations are due by February 14, 2014 and can be submitted by completing the the below information.
The new Young Alumni Council voting process will being February 17, 2014 and conclude February 21, 2014. All current Austin Peay State University Alumni Association members have the right to vote for new Young Alumni Council officers. Starting February 17, 2014, ballots can be obtained by visiting www.apsu.edu/alumni.
The APSU National Alumni Association is here to keep you connected to Austin Peay State University for life. They strive to facilitate a lifetime connection with the alumni, students, faculty, staff and the community. The Alumni Association encourages services, programs and events that increase the visibility of the University and fosters lifetime engagement, loyalty, pride and support for APSU.
The APSU National Alumni Association Nominating Committee includes the following board members:
- Nicole Williamson (’04)
- Tony Marable (’81)
- Lee Peterson (’90)
- Kel Topping (’90)
- Makeba Webb (’00)
What we are looking for in a Young Alumni Council officer:
The Young Alumni Council is a volunteer group of graduates who are age 35 and younger that seeks to strengthen connections between the University and its Young Alumni.
Young Alumni Council officers serve a 4 year term and should be committed to attending meetings and assisting with Alumni Association activities. The Alumni Association seeks nominees who are highly enthusiastic about Austin Peay State University and are proud to say “Let’s Go Peay!”
In support of the mission and vision of both the University and the National Alumni Association, below are the Young Alumni Council objectives that guide their work:
- Collaborate with the University staff to create a bridge between Young Alumni and University administration to foster participation from Young Alumni in University and National Alumni Association programs and events.
- Serve as liaisons to the National Alumni Association Board of Directors and the Future Alumni Members.
- The Young Alumni Council, along with the APSU National Alumni Association, sponsors programs and events that promote interaction with other alumni, friends, students, faculty, and staff.
- Build community among Young Alumni through the social programming, professional development, and philanthropic and service opportunities encouraging lifelong involvement with the National Alumni Association.
- Encourage Young Alumni to contribute their time, talent, and financial resources to the enhancement of the University and National Alumni Association as they are able.
Nominations are due by February 14, 2014.