Whether you are an alum or financial supporter of the University, giving to Austin Peay helps the University excel in multiple ways. Here are some examples:
- In the classroom: Giving provides scholarships that attract top students and supports faculty/student research projects. Also, your gifts provide support for bringing experts and speakers to campus providing student a well-rounded college experience.
- In the library and labs: Private contributions enable students and faculty to implement the latest advances in information and technology.
- In the arts: Your gifts provide cultural enrichment in the arts by funding music, dance and theatrical performances and art exhibits or installations.
- On the playing field: Governors Club memberships and athletics sponsorships support athletic scholarships, equipment purchases and academic support for athletes to excel on the field and in the classroom.
- In the community: Austin Peay helps the community it serves flourish by attracting business and industry into the area and provides the community with a highly educated work force.
- In the media: Often you see college ratings in magazines, newspapers and in the news. Annual giving is one of the factors used to rate Universities. For every dollar you give you can help increase our ratings with the media.
In you: The ultimate measure of a University is the caliber of its graduates, and those graduates often are judged by the current reputation of their alma mater. Austin Peay alumni can take pride in their University’s quality and image, and the value of their association with it is being enhanced each year.
Here are some frequently asked questions and their answers:
Q: Why should I give to a state school when my taxes are supposed to be funding it?
A: The University is funded by state tax dollars based on a formula. However, the formula does not fund 100% of the budget needed by the University. In years that the state does not collect adequate tax revenue, the need for gifts increases. Also, donations fund scholarships, athletic efforts, special academic projects as well as many other University endeavors. Without such donations, many of these things simply would not exist. Giving helps the University thrive.
Q: How do I make a gift?
A: Ways to give are virtually unlimited. Click here to see other ways you can give.
Q: I don’t make a lot of money but want to help. What can I do?
A: You certainly don’t have to be financially wealthy to give. Whether you want to give $5 a month or $500 each year there are many ways to give to help you keep within a budget. You can set up monthly, quarterly or annual automatic gifts by credit card, checking account auto debits or payroll deduction. And donations are tax deductable.
Q: I’d like to make a large gift or establish an estate plan. Who do I talk to?
A: Contact the University Advancement office and one of our officers will schedule a time to visit with you and assist you with your contribution.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (931) 221-7127
Come see us on campus: We’re located in the Jenkins Building, 318 College Street between 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday.
Q: I am unable to make a monetary donation but I'd like to donate my time or my services to help the University. What can I do to help?
A: There are many ways to contribute without making a monetary donation. One of the easiest and most effective ways to help is spread word about your Alma matter. Encourage individuals to consider attending Austin Peay. You can also get involved through attending free concerts, lectures, art exhibits, or volunteering to help with events and activities such as Plant the Campus. You could also volunteer to speak to students on career day, or show your Peay Pride by attending one of the many sporting events on campus.