Below is a listing of six types of substantive changes which require on-site committee reviews within six months of implementation (pg. 11 of the SACSCOC Substantive Change Policy Statement). It is also at the discretion of the President of SACSCOC to authorize a committee to review the institution more in depth. All cases utilize the Report of the Substantive Change Committee will be used to determine the ongoing accreditation status of an institution.
- Initiation of an additional off-campus location or site at which 50% or more of the program may be earned should the following apply: institution has less than three approved locations; institution has not demonstrated that it has a proven record of effective educational oversight of additional locations; institution has been placed on sanction; institution has been accredited less than ten years.
- Initiation of a Branch Campus
- Initiation of a change in governance/ownership with a change in control
- Initiation of mergers/consolidations
- Initiation of coursework, credit certificates, or degree programs at a different level than currently approved by SACSCOC
- Initiation of a direct assessment competency-based education program