E-Dossiers and Faculty Review
- All tenure-track faculty members and those seeking promotion must submit e-dossiers in Desire2Learn; a link to TBR's Desire2Learn website is provided under "Other Helpful Resources".
All Tenure-Track and Promotion Faculty
- Do not alter the layout, colors, and labels of the e-dossier - these are standardized per policy 5:060.
- Existing Desire2Learn users: use current username and password.
- New Desire2Learn users: contact Center for Extended and Distance Education for a username and password.
Reviewing E-dossiers in Desire2Learn
Log-in to e-Dossier (via Desire2Learn)
- Start early, especially creating the PDFs required. Maintaining materials for your e-dossier should be a year-round process.
- Ensure you can log-into your 2013-2014 e-dossier.
- Make an appointment with Mitzie Thompson at x6397 for Desire2Learn and e-dossier training.
- If needed, ask for help early and often.
- Remember that evaluations at APSU are cumulative; sorting new and previous materials in the e-dossier per academic year will help create a continuing record of achievement for retention, tenure, and promotion actions.
- Use the last-minute checklist for final guidance.
Methods of Creating PDF documents (required for e-dossiers)
- From Electronic Formats:
- Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Available to department for ~$40-$50, contact Office of Information Technology
- Online resources such as http://www.pdfonline.com
- Other software available commercially (or free)
- From Paper Documents:
- Paper documents can be scanned to PDF using a number of copiers / scanners on campus.
Policies Documents on Retention, Tenure and Promotion
For technology questions (RTP for Professors Only):
For interpretation of existing policy related to faculty evaluation:
For discipline-specific questions:
- Consult your department chair, mentor, and/or senior faculty in your department