Calendar Events for 2014
* Diversity Film Series Presents: Torch Song Trilogy, Thursday, September 25 @ 4:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m., UC 303.
Free pizza will be served.
From Arnold’s hilarious steps towards domestic bliss with a reluctant school teacher, to his first truly promising love affair with a young fashion model, Arnold’s greatest challenge remains his relationship with his mother. But armed with a keenly developed sense of humor and often times piercing wit, Arnold continues to test the commonly accepted terms of endearment—and endurance—in a universally affecting story that confirms that happiness is well worth carrying a torch for.
* AP Day Saturday, October 4th @ 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Foy Gym
AP Day gives incoming freshman the opportunity to tour the campus and meet fellow students, as well as future professors.
* Clothesline Project, Thursday, October 9th @ 8 a.m.-3 p.m., UC Plaza
The Clothesline Project is a visual display that bears witness to the violence against women. During the public display, a clothesline is hung with shirts. Each shirt is decorated to represent a particular woman's experience, by the survivor herself or by someone who cares about her.
* Community Awareness Day, Saturday, October 11th @ 11 a.m. - 2 p.m., Veteran’s Plaza
* Remember My Name, Monday, October 20th @ 6 p.m.- 8p.m., UC 303
* Ft. Campbell Clothesline Project, Wednesday, October 29th @ 8:30 a.m.-3p.m., Ft. Campbell Campus
The Clothesline Project is a visual display that bears witness to the violence against women. During the public display, a clothesline is hung with shirts. Each shirt is decorated to represent a particular woman's experience, by the survivor herself or by someone who cares about her. Throughout the years, the clothesline project has been displayed on Austin Peay's campus. Over 500 shirts have been made by Austin Peay students. These shirts reflect experiences of men, women, and children in the Clarksville community. We will be taking the Clothesline Project to Fort Campbell in hopes that this will bring awareness to sexual and domestic violence in relationships.
* Diversity Film Series Presents: 12 Years a Slave, October 23rd @ 4:30p.m., UC 303
* Diversity Film Series Presents: God Sleeps in Rwanda, November 20th @ 4:30p.m., UC 303
* Capstone Symposium, Thursday, December 4th @ 6p.m.- 9p.m., UC 303
* FMLA meetings every Monday @ 5p.m., Harned 130
The Feminist Majority Leadership Alliance meet every Monday in Harned room 130 to discuss upcoming events, equality issues, as well as offer help to one another. If you are interested in a way to get involved come join FMLA. There are no dues, all we ask is to bring your voice and an open mind.