Leadership Workshop Series
If you are looking to get your personal leadership experience started with a solid foundation, or looking to build upon your already existing skills - GovsLEAD is the program for you!
Through participation in our leadership workshop series, students will:
- Explore multiple leadership theories, approaches, and models.
- Practice self-appraisal through identifying personal leadership style, skill competencies, personal vision and values.
- Explore historical perspectives, cross cultural, and global approaches to leaders and leadership.
- Exhibit knowledge of five emotional intelligence components: self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy, social skill.
- Demonstrate skills fo goal setting, communication, and networking.
- Develop the ability to connect personal leadership choices to group dynamic
All workshops are announced on the PeayLink GovsLEAD page and are open to all registered APSU students. Join the group on PeayLink to receive reminders of our workshops, be the first to know about special events, and take a look at pictures from past semesters.
Some of our topics from past workshops include: Communication Etiquette, Developing Credibility, Filling the Empathy Toolbox, Kindness
Doesn't Have to be Random, Networking for Leaders,
Social Justice and Activism, Teambuilding, Conflict Resolution and Financial Literacy
Special stress relief workshops are held before Finals each semester. Spring 2018 included Goat Yoga!