Becoming a New Student Organization
University Facilities Guidelines for students organizing a new student organization.
In order to assist students in their efforts to advertise, plan and organize a new student organization, the University Facilities office has developed the following guidelines:
- Proposed new student organizations must have submitted registration paperwork to Student Life and Engagement.
- Once the paperwork has been confirmed as submitted, University Facilities classify the group as a temporary for a period of 1 month (30 days).
- Groups may request weekly meeting space during the temporary period, using the online request system.
- Groups may request up to 4 days for a lobby table during the temporary period, using the online request system.
- Groups may post items on University Center Bulletin Boards during the temporary time. The posting must include the wording “potential new student organization”.
- If, after 30 days, the organization has not been approved, subsequent space requests and postings will be declined. Should Student Life and Engagement request an extension for the group, an additional 15 days will be added.