Impact Your Experience
Explore Your World: Study Abroad
What is Study Abroad?
Simply defined, Study Abroad is the opportunity students have to obtain academic credit towards their majors in a country other than their own. APSU offers short-term (1 to 6 weeks) and long-term (one semester or academic year) study abroad programs to exciting destinations around the world!
Why do it?
- It’s an exciting and fun way to experience the world while earning APSU credits.
- It will enhance your college career through practical learning experiences.
- Employers value the skills you will gain through study-abroad experiences. You’ll become more flexible, independent, confident, and able to effectively interact with different cultures in diverse environments – traits employers are seeking.
- You will make new lifelong friends!
Get started today!
Contact the Office of Study Abroad and International Exchange to start the online application process. Start planning early so you don’t miss out on your dream location, as some of the programs are not offered every year. For more information, visit apsu.edu/study-abroad-exchange or like us on Facebook (/APSUStudyAbroad-IntlExch).
- 100% of study abroad participants who recommend it to other students.
- 50+ countries you can choose from where you can study abroad.
To begin your journey, visit www.apsu.edu/study-abroad-exchange.
Service-Learning at APSU
What is it?
“Service-learning is a teaching and learning strategy that integrates meaningful community service with instruction and reflection o enrich the learning experience, teach civic responsibility, and strengthen communities.” (From Servicelearning.org)
At A Glance
37 designated service-learning course opportunities for students
16 academic departments offering service-learning courses
400 students taking service-learning courses during an average semester
20 non-profit organizations benefiting each semester from student work
What Students Say
82% think service-learning has helped them see real-life application of coursework.
60% believe their course has helped to clarify career plans.
64% think the service-learning experience has improved leadership skills.
$52,650 is the value of volunteer work each semester.
2,340 is the average hours of volunteer-time per semester.
What Faculty Say
82% believe student service work has made a difference in the community.
67% think comunity work has helped focus specific areas of scholarship.
60% believe relationships with students were enhanced because of the community work performed.
For more information, visit www.apsu.edu/volunteer.
Set yourself apart with an intership
What is an internship?
An internship is a form of experiential learning where you get to intergrate your classroom knowledge into real-world experiences.
Why do an internship?
- You will learn industry and interpersonal skills that employers are looking for when hiring.
- An intership can build your network and open doors for future employment opportunities.
- There are more college graduates than ever before and an internship will help distinguish you from other collehe graduates.
If you'd like more information on how to get an internship and how to make the most of your experience, visit www.apsu.edu/careers or contact the Office of Career Services today!
Student Research and Innovation
The mission of the Office of Student Research and Innovation is to support the incorporation of research training in the areas of Business, Education, Humanities, Social Sciences, and STEM into the APSU experience as a means to engage, retain, and promote students and their success.
Student Research and Innovation
McReynolds 118, PO Box 4577
Clarksville, TN 37044