Go back

Financial Aid Refunds

We cannot issue a refund based on your estimated financial aid award. We must wait until your financial aid award is credited to your student account. Once your fees for the semester have been covered, you will receive a refund for any excess funds.

Follow the steps below to make sure you receive your refund quickly.

This au thorization form is separate from the authorization form you submit to the Human Resources Office if you are a student employee.  

Federal regulations prohibit using financial aid for the current academic year to pay outstanding debt from a prior academic year.  Example: You CANNOT pay a balance from Spring 2013 with aid you are receiving for Fall 2013 because the terms fall in different academic years. You CAN pay a balance from Fall 2013 with financial aid received in Spring 2014 because both terms are included in the 2013-14 academic year.

Your account will remain on hold until you pay all past due charges. If you do not submit the Title IV Authorization Form, you must pay all outstanding charges in full. Failure to do so may result in a delay of processing financial aid refunds and/or deletion of classes. State Law prohibits the release of a registration hold for any student who owes debt to the University.