APSU will observe a year-round business casual dress with the stipulation that business attire will be expected when the occasion requires it. Employees are expected to use good judgment and wear clothing that is appropriate for a professional setting. When meeting with visitors from outside the University, or when the University is hosting special groups or guests, employees are expected to dress appropriately for the occasion. In addition, although Physical Plant employees are required to wear a uniform, they will be able to wear casual dress clothes on designated days.
It is the position of the Staff Senate that the following days are designated "Jeans Days." Designated jean days are subject to the permission of your supervisor. No ripped and/or torn jeans, or flip-flops.
Jeans may be worn:
1. Friday's during the school year (August - May).
2. Fall, Winter and Spring Breaks.
3. Days when no classes are held.
4. During APSU Homecoming week with APSU apparel.
5. During the summer months following the end of spring commencement through the day before the beginning of fall Semester.
Please also refer to the staff Business Casual Dress Code Guidelines: