Applications will be accepted from March 3, 2014 - March 19, 2014
- 2.75 cumulative GPA as calculated by the Office of the Registrar (or cumulative high school GPA)
- Freshman or Graduate Student by classification (Freshman have less than 30 credit hours)
- Full time student status (Enrolled for at least 12 credit hours and must maintain full-time enrollment status while in office)
- Good standing with the University and no formal disciplinary record
- Research and advocate for student perspectives on campus matters
- Attend all SGA Senate meetings on Wednesdays from 4:00-4:50 p.m.
- Participate in SGA programming and events
- May be assigned to, and must thereafter participate in, committees deemed necessary by the SGA
- Submit one piece of legislation per semester to the Senate for consideration
**Students only enrolled at Ft. Campbell should contact SGA for more details
- Meet and work with the best and brightest at Austin Peay
- Represent the “students’ voice” on campus issues
- Gain valuable leadership experience
- Network with faculty, staff, and administration
- Be involved in programming campus wide events
- Truly influence change and improvement for the benefit of APSU students
The deadline to turn in applications is Wednesday, March 19, 2014 at 11:00 a.m.
**In order to become a SGA Senator, students must turn in a completed Application AND be elected by the student body**
All candidates must attend a one hour Candidate Orientation session prior to running for office. Candidate Orientations will be held on March 20, 2014 at 8:00 AM and 3:00 PM in MUC 115.
Candidates will not be eligible to run for office unless they have attended one of these mandatory sessions. If class prevents you from attending one of these two orientations, please contact Kelsey Smith, SGA Chief Justice.
Campaigning may begin 24 hours after the last candidate orientation. At this time, all candidates eligible for office will be featured on the SGA website (www.apsu.edu/sga). (See the SGA Electoral Act for campaign guidelines.)
Election polls are now closed.
** For More Information: Contact SGA Chief Justice, Kelsey Smith at email@example.com **
(Complete and submit this form no later than 11 a.m. on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 – applications will be dated and time stamped.)