About APSU's SGA
Purpose: The purpose of the SGA of APSU is to be the voice of all students by connecting students to other students, faculty, staff, and administration in order to improve the quality of life and strengthen the APSU community. As the voice of the students, we listen to and help articulate the ideas and issues of the students of APSU.
Membership: To be considered a member of SGA, a student must pay the SGA Fee. Officers, Senators, and Justices are the representatives for the SGA.
Branches: There are three main branches for SGA. Every Fall Semester, Freshman and Graduate Senators are elected. Every Spring Semester, the rest of the Senate and Executive Officers (President, Vice President, and Executive Secretary) are elected. The Student Tribunal is also selected.
- Executive Council is composed of the President, Vice President, Executive Secretary and Chief Justice. They serve as the leaders of SGA.
- Senate represents all APSU students. As an outlet to hear your concerns, this body is composed of representatives from each academic college as well as students from each classification (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, and graduate). The Senate discusses problems that students see at our university and propose resolutions to deal with these issues.
- Tribunal is regarded as APSU's highest student court, composed of the Chief Justice, Associate Justice, and five Justices. This branch has the authority to hear traffic appeals and interpret the SGA Constitution, Bylaws, Standing Rules, and Electoral Act.
Programs and Services: Numerous traditions and valuable services are provided by the SGA's leadership.
- GHOST: "Great Halloween Options for Safe Trick or Treating," is a longtime tradition at APSU, sponsored by the SGA. Originally intended for the children of APSU students, faculty and staff, G.H.O.S.T. also draws children from the local community. APSU clubs and organizations, as well as groups from the community, hand out candy, give away books and paint children’s faces.
- Mudbowl: The SGA introduced Mudbowl in 2001. Every fall, students from teams compete in volleyball and tug-of-war- in the mud! The Mudbowl uses tarp surrounded by bales of straw, filled with tons of murky dirt and water.
- Peay Pickup: In a partnership with the Clarksville Transit Authority (CTS), the SGA and APSU are providing students, faculty, and staff free transportation around campus via the Peay Pickup campus trolley and CTS buses.
- Campus Blood Drive: Every Spring, SGA is committed to establishing a new tradition of both welcoming students back to campus and asking that they consider giving a gift of life to those in our community.
- Student Discounts: This year, your SGA has compiled a list of Student Discounts available in the Clarksville area!
- Parking Appeals
Contact SGA: The SGA relies on you to help improve APSU and the SGA. Please feel free to ask questions and let your voice be heard.