Hope Lottery Scholarship
The Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation (TSAC) will be responsible for processing all applications for the HOPE Lottery Scholarships.
All HOPE Lottery Scholarship Program Recipients Must:
- Have been a Tennessee resident for one year of the year of application date. For students beginning spring and summer terms, residency determined by February 1 as of application date.
- Be dependent child of U.S. military, Tennessee National Guard on active duty, Department of Defense employees, or full-time religious workers who maintain Tennessee residency while stationed out-of-state are eligible.
- Apply with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), available at www.fafsa.gov and meet the eligibility requirements listed on the Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation (TSAC) website at: www.tn.gov/collegepays. Applications must be received by September 1st for fall semester, February 1st for spring and summer semesters. Early application is recommended.
Austin Peay State University's federal school code is 003478
HOPE Scholars Must:
- Enroll in an eligible Tennessee public college, university, or private college. APSU is an eligible university.
- Enroll within 16 months of high school graduation or completion of a home school or GED program.
- Tennessee residents graduating from some out of state high schools may be eligible. For more information call TSAC at 1-800-342-1663.
Home School Must:
For HOPE Lottery Scholarship eligibility, a home school student must:
- Be enrolled as a home school student in a home school program for a minimum of two (2) years prior to graduating. The student must achieve a 21 Composite score or above, on a national test date for the ACT test or a 980 (math plus critical reading scores only) or above, on a national test date for the SAT test for HOPE Scholarship consideration. The student does not need to submit a grade point average as this is not a consideration. For more information, please call 1-800-342-1663 or (615)741-1346. For additional information on the General Assembly Merit Scholarship (GAMS), please click here.
For General Assembly Merit Scholarship (GAMS) eligibility, a home school student must:
In addition to meeting the HOPE Lottery Scholarship requirements, during the course of a home school program, be enrolled in at least four (4) college-level courses totaling at least twelve (12) semester hours and achieve a cumulative grade point average of 3.0. The student must achieve a 29 Composite score or above, on a national test date for the ACT test or a 1280 (math plus critical reading scores only) or above, on a national test date for the SAT test for GAMS consideration. For information on Dual Enrollment, please click here.
Tennessee Education Lottery Scholarship Programs: