Last Updated: August 6, 2015
Mandatory Review Date: August 6, 2020
Initiating Authority: Vice President for Finance and Administration
Approved: President's Signature on File
The following guidelines are designed to establish benefits for retired employees of the University.
1. Austin Peay State University identification card for retiree (as defined in TBR Policy 5:01:03:00) and spouse.
2. The All State - Current retirees may receive The All State upon request made at retirement. The All State is located online, on campus, and in the community.
3. Use of Library - Retirees enjoy many of the same services that current faculty and staff receive for the Library. These services are described on the Library’s website: http://library.apsu.edu/.
4. Use of Recreational Facilities - Austin Peay State University retiree identification card permits the retiree, spouse, and dependents to use tennis courts (outdoor). The retiree, spouse, and dependents may use facilities in the Foy Fitness Center such as racquetball courts, weight room, etc. The retiree pays no monthly fee and the spouse and dependents may use the facility at the same rate as current employees. The indoor tennis courts are available to the retiree, spouse, and dependents to use by purchasing a membership through the indoor tennis center.
5. Parking Decal - Parking decals with no expiration date will be provided to retiree. The Office of Human Resources will provide these decals upon retirement and upon request to those who have not previously received a decal or if the decal has become lost or damaged.
6. Tickets to Athletic Events – The retiree will be provided season tickets at the same rate as current faculty and staff. Those "grandfathered" in (those holding season tickets upon retirement) will receive free tickets upon written request, excluding club, suites, or other specialty seating.
7. Tickets to University Sponsored Concerts - Retirees will receive tickets at the same rate as current faculty and staff to University sponsored concerts and other University functions.
8. Post Office Box - A box will be furnished upon availability at the current rate charged to current faculty and staff.
9. Bookstore Discount – A discount of 20% is available. This discount is also provided to current faculty and staff.
10. Free Notary Services – The Office of Human Resources will provide free notary services to all retirees. A photo ID is required, and the document must be signed in front of a Notary.
11. Meal Plans – Chartwells meal plans will be available to retirees at the same rate available to current faculty and staff.
12. E-Mail – University e-mail accounts may be continued upon request by the retiring employee.
13. APSU Retirees Association – A one-year free membership in the APSU Retirees Association is available for the fiscal year immediately following retirement, upon submission to APSURA of completed membership form.