Policy Number: 5:023 Supersedes Policy Number: 5:023
Date: February 10, 1999 Dated: August 15, 1988
Subject: Retiree Benefits
Initiating Authority: Vice President for Finance and Administration
TBR Policy/Guideline Reference:
Approved: President: Signature on File
Purpose The following guidelines are designed to establish benefits for retired
employees of the University.
1. Austin Peay State University identification card for retiree and spouse
2. The Insider - Current retirees will receive The Insider for one year upon
request and may, by annual request, continue to receive the publication.
3. Use of Library - Austin Peay State University retiree identification card
permits retiree and spouse to take advantage of the same services as
current faculty and staff receives from the Library.
4. Use of Recreational Facilities - Austin Peay State University retiree
identification card permits retiree and spouse to use tennis courts
(outdoor), facilities in Memorial Health such as racquetball courts, weight
5. Parking Decal - To be provided to those currently retiring. The Vice
President for Development and University Relations will check with all
previous retirees to provide them with decals.
6. Tickets to Athletic Events – Retiree will be provided season tickets at the
same rate as current faculty and staff. Those "grandfathered" in will
receive free tickets upon written request.
7. Tickets to University Sponsored Concerts - Retirees will receive tickets at
the same rate as current faculty and staff to sponsored concerts and other
8. Post Office Box - A box will be furnished upon availability at the current
rate charged to current faculty and staff.
9. Bookstore Discount - Discount of 10% on books is available. This
discount is also provided to current faculty and staff.
July 29, 2009