Policy Number: 5:009 Supersedes Policy Number: 5:009
Date: January 13, 2003 Dated: November 2, 2001
Subject: Emeritus Faculty
Initiating Authority: Vice President for Academic Affairs
TBR Policy/Guideline Reference: 5:02:01:10
Approved: President: Signature on File
All faculty and professional administrative personnel having served the University
sufficient length of time to qualify for State retirement benefits shall be eligible to
become emeritus faculty upon retirement from Austin Peay State University.
Appointment to emeritus status shall be by the President of the University following
appropriate consultation with University representatives.
Emeritus faculty and administrators shall be entitled to certain privileges common to the
University faculty that are within the power of the University to grant and that can be
provided without imposing a direct expenditure of State funds. These privileges carry
with them the same general responsibilities as for regular faculty and administrators.
Emeritus faculty and administrators, among other privileges, shall be entitled to maintain
an ID card, which shall identify the member as having emeritus status, and entitle the
holder access to certain University facilities and services commonly available to faculty
and shall include:
1. The Felix G. Woodward Library and its facilities and services.
2. Complimentary faculty parking sticker.
3. Rights and responsibilities relative to ticket purchases for University
functions as provided by the Office of University Advancement.
4. Gymnasium privileges common to faculty.
5. Access to outdoor tennis courts when available.
6. Appropriate discounts at the bookstore.
7. The right to a web site in the university system.
8. The right to an e-mail address in the university system.
9. One central office for the use of emeritus faculty, furnished and supplied,
and with computer and printer available.
10. Access to selected mailings.
11. Participation in convocation and commencement exercises.
12. Existing season ticket holders at time of retirement receive complimentary
tickets to athletic events.
July 29, 2009