Healthy Mind Healthy Body
The Healthy Mind Healthy Body Challenge is a free semester-long incentive program to help motivate you to make healthier choices each day. Earn points by working out, participating in intramurals, going on Adventure Recreation trips, and attending workshops and special events, Jan. 28 - April 27, 2013.
There are individual, small team (2-5 people) and large team (6-10 people) challenges. Each participant must complete an Instructional Program Sign Up form.
Point tracking is maintained at the Foy Center service desk. Just ask our staff for the binder when you need to log your activities. See the sample point log and note point values listed below:
- Group Fitness Class: 8 points per 50 minute class
- Cardio: points per 30 minutes - walk, run, Jacob's ladder, hike, swim, stair stepper, elliptical trainer, etc.
Low Intensity (0-3 RPE) you can still carry on a conversation/not out of breath: 5 points
Moderate Intesity (4-6 RPE) noticeable increase in heart rate and breathing: 8 points
High Intensity (7-10 RPE) close to max heart rate/cannot carry on conversation: 10 points
- Weight Training: 5 points for every 30 minutes (machines, free weights, body weight, resistance bands, kettle bells etc.)
- Wellness Classes: 10 points per class
- Games (open play): 5 points for every 30 minutes - such as racquetball, ping pong, basketball, badminton, tennis, volleyball, and soccer
- Climbing Wall: 10 points for every 30 minutes of climbing/attempts
*** Limit to 30 points per week for activities outside of the Foy Center***
Other University Recreation activities:
- 20 points per Boot Camp session sign up... PLUS you may log each daily Boot Camp workout according to the point system above
- 10 points per sign up for Intramural Sports... PLUS you may then log 5 points for each game in which you participate (as open play in the point system above)
- 5 points per Personal Training session - limited to 1 session per week; max 70 points per semester
- 10 points per Special Event, to include campus events like the Wellness Expo, Breast Cancer 5k, Weight Lifting Competition, etc.
- 15 points per Adventure Recreation Trip (i.e., hiking, canoeing, whitewater rafting, backpacking, etc.)
- 10 points per Assessment - limit of 2 assessments
- Other programs/activities will be evaluated on a case by case basis.