The Graduate Certificate in Project Management explores the realm of project management in courses that cover topics including project planning and scheduling, preparation for the PMI PMP®/CAPM® Exam (Project Management Institute's Project Management Professional/Certified Associate in Project Management exam), organizational dynamics, and best practices in leadership. Students will learn to utilize proven project, administrative, and leadership methodologies on projects in various settings. The total Certificate is 9 credit-hours.
Admission requirements for the Graduate Certificate in Project Management mirror those of the Masters of Professional Studies (MPS) in Leadership and Organizational Administration with Strategic Leadership concentration at Austin Peay State University:
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.5
- Bachelor's degree, conferred in any field, from a regionally accredited institution
- Choose ONE of the following:
- Portfolio - Applicants may submit a portfolio in lieu of the GRE. The portfolio must include a current resume, a personal essay detailing the reasons for wanting to enter the M.P.S. program and discussing how the program will help the applicant achieve personal and professional goals, and two letters of professional and/or academic reference. Applicants must upload or submit the portfolio to the Office of Graduate Admissions. OR
- Minimum GRE revised General Test scores of: Verbal - 143, Quantitative - 150, and Analytical Writing - 4.0.
What opportunities are available with this degree?
The Graduate Certificate in Project Management serves a variety of students wanting to explore the topic in terms of the challenges that leaders face. In particular, this program may appeal to these types of students:
- Prepare for the PMI PMP/CAPM exam
- Credentials are applicable to the Leadership and Organizational Administration Master's degree
- Enhances credentials in Leadership Realm
- Advanced Studies without committing to a full Master degree program