The TN eCampus Online Master of Science in Nursing offers a flexible, 36- to 46-credit
hour program leading to the Master of Science in Nursing (M.S.N.) degree. The curriculum
allows students to customize learning opportunities to fit their goals and needs in
collaboration with faculty advisors. Students may pursue full-time or part-time study.
All courses, with the exception of clinical rotations, are delivered in an online
The Master of Science in Nursing program offers concentrations in Nursing Education,
Nursing Administration, Family Nurse Practitioner, and RN to MSN (for RNs with a bachelor's
degree in another field). For students who have already obtained a master's degree,
the department offers a post master’s certificate in Family Nurse Practitioner, Nursing
Education, and Nursing Administration. Prospective students must apply to TN eCampus
and select Austin Peay as their home school.
- All applicants for the M.S.N. at APSU must first apply to TN eCampus for review and
referral to APSU. M.S.N.TN eCampus online application: https://www.tnecampus.org/graduate-nursing-students.
- After the TN eCampus application has been referred to APSU, the following is required:
Application for admission to APSU
- Applicant must submit the home school referral email received from TN eCampus The
email was sent to the student from email@example.com after completion of the TN eCampus application.
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended (graduate and undergraduate) verifying
that a bachelor’s degree in nursing has been earned with an overall GPA of 3.0 on
a 4.0 scale. For the RN bridge option, verification of the A.S. degree or diploma
and a B.S. in another field will be required with an overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicant Resume.
- Applicant Goal Statement (e.g., reasons for pursuing graduate studies). The personal
goal statement should be a one-page essay. It must be written in your own words. It
should contain the following:
- Details on your decision to obtain a Master's degree in nursing
- Description of your particular interest in and potential for contributing to the nursing
profession, specifically as a Master's prepared nurse
- Career objectives
- Plan to be successful in the MSN program, specifically addressing your goal of full
or part-time study and the many hours required studying and in clinical.
- Licensure Verification (proof of an unencumbered, current license to practice as a
Registered Nurse in Tennessee or the state in which the clinical assignments are completed).
- Military documents if applicable.
- Successful completion of a 3 semester hour or 4 quarter hour undergraduate level Statistics
course is required.
- Reply from Nursing Admission committee.
- Admission decision will be rendered from APSU’s School of Nursing Graduate Admissions
What opportunities are available with this degree?
- Nursing Administrator
- Chief Nursing Officer
- Nursing Consultant
- Director of Nursing at a
- Nursing Manager at