The TN eCampus Online Master of Science in Nursing offers a flexible, 36- to 46-credit hour program leading to the Master of Science in Nursing (M.S.N.) degree. The curriculum allows students to customize learning opportunities to fit their goals and needs in collaboration with faculty advisors. Students may pursue full-time or part-time study. All courses, with the exception of clinical rotations, are delivered in an online delivery format.
The Master of Science in Nursing program offers concentrations in Nursing Education, Nursing Administration, Family Nurse Practitioner, and RN to MSN (for RNs with a bachelor's degree in another field). For students who have already obtained a master's degree, the department offers a post master’s certificate in Family Nurse Practitioner, Nursing Education, and Nursing Administration.
Prospective students must apply to TN eCampus and select Austin Peay as their home school.
- Students who have received a M.S.N. are eligible to apply for a Post-Master's Certificate
- Minimum Master's GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Bachelor's degree GPA will also be considered
- Students will be required to provide proof of completion of Advanced Pathophysiology (3 credit hours), Advanced Pharmacology (3 credit hours) and Advanced Physical Assessment (3/1 credit hours). If a student has not successfully completed the required courses, or the courses taken are not comparable to those required by the MSN program at APSU, the student will be required to complete those before beginning the clinical components of the curriculum.
What opportunities are available with this degree?
- Nurse Administrator
- Chief Nursing Officer
- Healthcare Nurse Consultant
- Director of Nursing at a healthcare facility
- Nurse Manager at healthcare facility or unit