The Master of Professional Studies (MPS) with a concentration in Strategic Leadership is an interdisciplinary graduate degree program in the social sciences. The 30-hour program is designed for students who wish to pursue graduate professional studies in an online learning environment. The MPS is a professionally-oriented program that responds to the dynamic needs of students working in or preparing for rapidly changing professional environments and expectations. In this program of interdisciplinary graduate studies, students make connections between various professional fields and traditional social science disciplines.
- Application for admission
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended showing a cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Official GRE scores (or) Minimum GRE revised General Test scores of: Verbal-143, Quantitative-150, and Analytical Writing-4.0 (or)
- *Portfolio may be completed in Lieu of GRE scores - Applicants with five or more years of professional work experience may submit a portfolio in lieu of the GRE. The portfolio must include a resume, a 500-600 word essay detailing the reasons for wanting to enter the M.P.S. program and discussing how the program will help the applicant achieve personal and professional goals, and two letters of professional and/or academic references. Other items that an applicant may include in the portfolio include a description of professional responsibilities, professional achievements and professional awards or recognitions.
- Applicant must upload or submit the portfolio in its entirety as a complete packet to Graduate Admissions.
- Military documents, if applicable
- Admission decision by department
What opportunities are available with this degree?
- Military Officer
- Higher Education Staff
- Military Contractor
- Private Business
- Law Enforcement Officer
- Non-Profit Administrator
- Logistics Officer