The Department of History & Philosophy at Austin Peay offers two options for pursuing a Master of Arts degree in History; a non-thesis option requiring 30 hours and a thesis option requiring 36 hours for completion. Both options require the student choose guided electives from a primary and secondary field. The student must choose from the three options for their fields: Military History, U.S. History or World History.
- Application for admission
- $45 application fee
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended showing a 2.75 cumulative GPA
- Three letters of recommendation
- 1500 word writing sample
- Personal statement
- Military documents, if applicable
- Admission decision by department
What opportunities are available with this degree?
- Advancement in teaching
- Teacher at community college
- Military Jobs that might require a higher degree