The Department of History & Philosophy at Austin Peay offers a Master of Arts in History. The Master of Arts in History is open to students with a bachelor's degree in any field. The program offers a thesis and non-thesis track, with all students completing 36 hours of coursework.
- Application for admission
- $45 application fee
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended showing a 2.75 cumulative GPA
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official GRE scores (Verbal: 143; Quantitative: 140; Writing: 4.0)
- 1500 word writing sample
- Personal statement
- Military documents, if applicable
- Admission decision by department
What opportunities are available with this degree?
- Advancement in teaching
- Teacher at community college
- Military Jobs that might require a higher degree