This program will prepare students to gain knowledge in the basics of human performance. They will learn about sport and wellness through classes such as exercise physiology, sport psychology, nutrition, and leadership. Students will also gain valuable experience in research and scientific writing.
- Application for admission
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended showing a 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Official acceptable GRE scores*
- Military documents, if applicable
- Admission decision by department
- Bachelor’s degree, conferred in any field, from a regionally accredited institution
- *Minimum GRE revised General Test scores of: Verbal-140, Quantitative-140, and Analytical Writing-2.5
- Receipt of admission from the Health and Human Performance department selection committee
- *Students with an undergraduate GPA of 3.5 or greater or with a master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution may submit an Entrance Exam Waiver, for approval by the department, to waive the GRE requirement. This does not guarantee admission into the program. All documents will be evaluated before a decision is made.
What opportunities are available with this degree?
- Football/Basketball coaches
- Athletic Trainers
- Exercise physiologists
- Strength and conditioning coaches