The Performance Enhancement and Coaching (PEAC) concentration will allow students to develop the skills and competencies necessary for professional coaching. Coursework includes research, statistics, sports psychology, leadership, team building, performance coaching and performance enhancement. Given that there will be a variety of applied and research experience with the option of doing a thesis, PEAC is an excellent stepping stone to a doctorate in Sport Psychology or related field.
This program will develop the skills necessary for students who are pursuing careers in life, business, and sport coaching. Students will experience different types of performance enhancement techniques, including strategies to improve mental toughness and emotional intelligence. According to the International Coach Federation Global Coaching Study, "there were about 17,500 coach practitioners in North America in 2015. Coach practitioners, a designation that excludes athletic or sports coaches, reported an average annual income from coaching of about $61,900."
- Application for admission
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended showing a 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Official acceptable GRE scores*
- Military documents, if applicable
- Admission decision by department
- Bachelor’s degree, conferred in any field, from a regionally accredited institution
- *Minimum GRE revised General Test scores of: Verbal-140, Quantitative-140, and Analytical Writing-2.5
- Receipt of admission from the Health and Human Performance department selection committee
- *Students with an undergraduate GPA of 3.5 or greater or with a master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution may submit an Entrance Exam Waiver, for approval by the department, to waive the GRE requirement. This does not guarantee admission into the program. All documents will be evaluated before a decision is made.
What opportunities are available with this degree?
- Business coaching and corporate coaching
- Career coaching
- Executive coaching
- Time Management coaching
- Retirement coaching
- Spiritual and Christian coaching
- Weight and body image coaching
- Work/Life balance coaching