The Educational Specialist program is designed to permit students to achieve a degree level higher than the master’s and to development additional skills in their content area. The program may be a terminal program or transferred to a doctorate program.
- Application for admission
- Evidence of an earned Master’s degree
- A GPA of 3.25 at the Master’s level
- Official scores on the General test of the Graduate Record Examination with minimum 145 verbal and 140 quantitative scores.
- Submit a valid teaching certificate
- Have a record of successful teaching experience
- Decision by department
What opportunities are available with this degree?
- Central office supervisors
- Preliminary degree preparation for an Ed.D or Ph.D. In curriculum and Instruction
- Pay increase
- Promotion considerations in organization or other organizations
- Academic coach positions
- Preparation for an advanced degree in Educational Leadership