The Reading Specialist program is designed to be completed in a cohort group, for candidates interested in improving their knowledge of literacy and pursuing a position as a reading specialist or curriculum coach. The Master of Arts in Education is open to students with current teacher licensure, who desire to expand their expertise in their academic area or earn the credentials necessary to provide professional mobility in the field of education. The variety of concentrations and specializations available at Austin Peay allows M.A.E.D. students focused studies relevant and applicable to their current or desired academic discipline.
- Application for admission
- Undergraduate GPA of 2.75
- Official scores on the General test of the Graduate Record Examination with minimum 142 verbal and 139 quantitative scores
- Verification of teaching license
- Verification of three years teaching experience
- Admit decision by department
What opportunities are available with this degree?
- Reading Coach in School System
- Private Practice
- School Leadership
- Curriculum and Education Publishing