The Master of Arts in Education is open to students with current teacher licensure, who desire to expand their expertise in their academic area or earn the credentials necessary to provide professional mobility in the field of education. The variety of concentrations and specializations available at Austin Peay allows M.A.E.D. students focused studies relevant and applicable to their current or desired academic discipline.
- Application for admission
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 (or 2.75 with GRE scores of 143 verbal and 140 quantitative or Miller’s Analogies Test (MAT) score of 385)
- A valid teaching or administrator license
- Three full years successful teaching experience
- Acquire a letter of support from two practicing administrators who agree to mentor the aspiring administrator throughout the program (300 hours of Field Based Experiences)
- Participate in a program entrance interview
- Complete an On-Demand writing assignment
- Submit a portfolio containing:
- Formal evaluations (3)
- Philosophy of Education
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
What opportunities are available with this degree?