This online program is intended for individuals with a bachelor’s degree who want to learn modern data science techniques without completing a master’s. The certificate can be earned by taking just one or two courses at a time for three or four sixteen-week semesters.
- Application for admission
- Bachelor’s degree, conferred in any field, from a regionally accredited institution
- Minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.5
- Interview or transcripts should evidence satisfactory prior exposure or familiarity
- basic statistics and probability through confidence intervals and hypothesis tests for means
- proportions, and variances
- Applicants lacking this knowledge may complete STAT 5050, which covers these topics, prior to starting the program for no credit.
- elementary calculus concepts including limit, derivative, and integral.
- elementary matrix algebra.
- Admission decision by the department
What opportunities are available with this degree?
- Healthcare data
- Data Science
- Data Management