APSU is a great place to study. It has the small town comforts with the big city charm! The Masters of Arts in Education degree in Advanced Studies is a graduate degree developed with the working professional in mind. Class sizes are small, professors are approachable and the curriculum is current, research-based and flexible enough to meet your needs and professional goals. All faculty hold terminal degrees in the field of education. Our program will give you multiple opportunities to collaborate with other education majors on campus and in the field. We want you to join our program!
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 (or 2.75 with GRE scores of 143 verbal and 140 quantitative or Miller's Analogies Test (MAT) score of 385)
- Valid teaching or administrator license
- Three full years successful teaching experience
- Acquire a letter of support from two practicing administrators who agree to mentor the aspiring administrator throughout the program (300 hours of Field Based Experience)
- Participate in a program entrance interview
- Complete an On-Demand writing assignment
- Submit portfolio containing:
- Formal Evaluations (3)
- Philosophy of Education
- Three letter of recommendation
What opportunities are available with this degree?
- Leadership roles in Education
- School System Consultant
- Research positions in Education
- Salary Increase