The school counseling program is designed to prepare graduates for school counseling positions at elementary, middle/junior high and high school levels. Graduates will meet the current licensing requirements for the Tennessee Board of Education. The curriculum requirements include coursework, a 600-hour internship, school observation hours for those who have not taught, and a passing score on the comprehensive examination.
- Application for admission
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended showing a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official GRE scores
- Two-page personal statement*
- Military documents, if applicable
- Admission decision by department